Foundations in Ashtanga and The Rocket System
200 hours over 28 days in the Foundations of Ashtanga and the Rocket hosted in Cincinnati OH at Yoga ah Studio
June 3rd - July 2nd 2019
We meet every day except Sundays, you will be required to take and observe evening classes at Yoga ah in addition to meeting in the mornings and afternoons. My the completion of this program you will be able to instruct many levels of students. You will also be able to instruct basic Rocket classes and Modified Primary Series of Ashtanga. Please email Amber Gean directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this course.
Level 1 - Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus (200 hours)
- Pattabi Jois.
- Mysore Palace.
- Larry Schultz.
- Ujjai Breath.
- Working with breath in Ashtanga Sequences.
- Nadi Shudi.
- Technique and flow
- Traditional Ashtanga/Full Primary Series/ Modified Primary.
- Bottle Rocket.
- Introduction to other Rocket Routines.
- Minimum Daily Requirement.
- Learn how to sequence around the joints of the body.
- Discover what poses are counter-poses for the other.
- Joints, muscles, ligaments, nervous & circulatory system.
- Study the 72 poses of Primary series learn Names – Sanskrit and English.
- Alignment of hands and feet.
- Learn the benefits of asanas.
- Verbal adjustments.
- ”Two finger" hands on adjustments.
- Naulis theory and practice.
- Create a home practice.
- Awaken YOUR voice.
- Receive hands-on experience in real yoga classes at Yoga ah.
- Developing a Personal Teaching Philosophy
- Marketing yourself as a yoga instructor.
- Opening your own studio.
- Lead a practice.
- Assist in 3 Yoga ah classes.
- Observe 8 Yoga ah classes or other affiliated studios.
- Written Homework.
- Journaling/practice log.
Tuition is $2200.00 you can reserve your spotty placing a 650.00 deposit
Apprenticeship offered and you can can work off a few hundred dollars if needed!! email us asap at email@example.com
Included in training:
200-hour certificate upon graduation, you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance
Unlimited Yoga at Yoga ah during training
Ashtanga Yoga Manual
Rocket Yoga Retreat Day location TBA
Opportunity to instruct at a real studio
Lineage of Krishnamacharya
This training program will give you all the fundamentals to lead safe Ashtanga and Vinyasa classes. You will study traditional Ashtanga yoga and learn how to instruct the Modified Primary Series or fondly called MPS. MPS consists of 34 poses plus finishing series. You will also learn the Larry Schultz Rocket system. This will give you the tools to lead a more gentle class or something more intense like power yoga. See full curriculum at the bottom of this page!!